All the Business for Peace employees were super helpful, giving me extra information and guidance throughout the event!
– Roberta, 2017 Volunteer
We worked in a nice atmosphere and were allowed to listen to all the discussions, which was great.
– Anna, 2017 Volunteer
I felt included, valuable and appreciated by the Foundation!
– Ulla, 2017 Volunteer
Business for Peace is now looking for enthusiastic, talented volunteers, to be part of planning and execution of the Business for Peace Summit in Oslo on 15-16 May 2018.
The Business for Peace Foundation seeks to unlock the positive power of business in society and inspire a higher form of capitalism. Our vision is that all business leaders have as their purpose to improve society. This requires being businessworthy – to create value both for business and society in an ethical and responsible way.
We are now looking to create a team of enthusiastic individuals who believe that with good planning and lots of energy, we can make the Summit a truly excellent experience. The time requirement will be the equivalent of 2-3 working days ahead of the Summit and then 48 hours of maximum efforts during the Summit in Oslo. We offer exciting volunteering positions with the opportunity to engage with some of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners on business and sustainability, as well as to contribute to a more sustainable business world. Find out more about the Summit 2017 here and the program of the Summit 2018 here.
Your tasks might include:
- Guide and support our VIP guests (Award winners, Nobel laureates and others) throughout the Summit and Award Ceremony
- Guest registration for Summit and Award Ceremony
- Work in a Social Media team
- Support speakers, guests and participants with relevant information and many other hands-on things, as required!
You should be:
- Familiar with Oslo and its facilities (either based in Oslo or have lived here)
- Reliable, friendly, professional and proactive
- Have good communication skills
- Comfortable working both within a group and independently
- Have a flexible attitude and an ability to handle varied tasks
- Enjoy working with different people from all walks of life
- Have excellent time management skills, for both arriving on time and for completing assigned tasks
- Computer literate and comfortable with the main Microsoft Office tools
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and quick turnarounds
What Business for Peace offers:
At its heart, we offer an opportunity to make a difference and be part of building a global movement for change. However, we realise that this may not always be enough so we also throw in the following:
- Build new job market skills and strengthen existing ones
- A written testimonial at the end of the volunteer period
- Work with an experienced team of professionals who can provide constructive feedback and career advice
- Listen to and, to some extent, interact with leading speakers and thinkers on sustainability
- All direct costs covered, subject to approval by the Foundation
- And on top of this, we will arrange a special celebration for our volunteers when the Summit is over
Please send us an email for further information and how to apply.
Application deadline: Tuesday, 20 March 2018
We look forward to hearing from you!